The Wii version of 007 Legends is a shooter game which covers a whole range of James Bond adventures from Skyfall, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Die Another Day, Moonraker, License to Kill, and Goldfinger. It celebrates 50 years of James Bond movies.
The game gets off to a good start in its intro. Here we see Bond in action on the roof of a moving train, but he is shot down by a female sniper and falls into water where he has a flashback to some of his previous adventures. Each of these flashbacks provides the setting for a game mission, one from each of the adventures listed above.
The problem is that from there on in the game tends to deteriorate and unfortunately it has been heavily panned by the critics. To say that it has generally disappointed is an understatement. It is really Call of Duty featuring a blond James Bond armed with a gun and shooting his way out of every situation.
If you hoped for some casino action and the chance to join Bond in his favourite casino games such as Chemin de Fer and poker, then you are likely to be very disappointed. All James Bond seems to be capable of is shooting his gun. That said, there is a stealth mode which adds an extra level of interest to the game, but even that isn't as good as it might be.
There are a number of mini-games as sub plots to the main action, but none of these feature casino games either. They are hacking using your phone, safe breaking, rewiring power systems, and using keypads. If they don't float your boat, then there isn't a great deal to be gained. Quite honestly, if you are interested in casinos forget all about Legends, come to that if you are interested in James Bond the same applies.
Now everyone can experience the fun and excitement of a Lightsaber™ fight. Star Wars® The Clone Wars™: Lightsaber Duels™ immerses you in the characters, locations, and epic duels from the all-new Star Wars animated feature film and television series set between Episode II and Episode III. Built from the ground-up for Wii™, Lightsaber Duels features an intuitive motion-controlled combat system that puts the Lightsaber weapon in your hand. Mastering the Jedi's distinctive weapon is now within any player's grasp.
- Fight the most memorable duels from The Clone Wars feature film and TV series.
- Wield your Wii Remote like a lightsaber and experience first-hand the unique weapon of the Jedi Knights with intuitive controls, so no matter what your gaming experience you can become a lightsaber master.
- Play with your friends as your favorite Clone Wars hero or villain — from familiar characters like Anakin Skywalker and General Grievous to new faces like Ahsoka Tano and Asajj Ventress — each with a unique fighting style and set of skills.
- Exploit your interactive surroundings to defeat your opponent: slice down pillars and Force throw them against your foe.
- Duel your way through significant Clone Wars locations, such as Tatooine and Teth.
Platform: Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, PSP system, Nintendo DS, PC
Developer: Krome Studios LucasArts Singapore (Nintendo DS)
ESRB Rating: TEEN with Fantasy Violence
Release Date: October 6, 2009
Star Wars® The Clone Wars™: Republic Heroes™ lets Star Wars fans young and old live out the sweeping galactic adventures of the Clone Wars. For the first time ever, players can fight as their favorite Jedi and clone troopers from the preeminent animated television series — from familiar faces like Anakin Skywalker to new heroes like Clone Captain Rex. A brand-new storyline, which bridges the gap between season one and two, takes the player on a multi-faceted adventure to stop a mysterious techno assassin's destructive plot. Built around two-player cooperative action, the accessible controls and family-friendly gameplay bring Star Wars fans across generations together like never before to fight the evil Separatists and restore peace to the galaxy.
- Experience an all-new and exciting Clone Wars storyline that bridges the gap between season one and two of the TV series as you learn more about the mysterious bounty hunter Cad Bane and hunt down the all-new Skakoan super villain Kul Teska
- Play as your favorite Jedi heroes including Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano, Mace Windu, and Kit Fisto
- Slice and dice your way through Separatist droids with your lightsaber and Force powers and use your agility to perform amazing leaps and navigate levels filled with interactivity
- Turn your enemies into weapons as you commandeer droids and use their unique abilities to blast enemies and solve puzzles as a Jedi
- Be part of an elite clone trooper squad with unique gameplay that puts firepower at your fingertips. Blast droids and unleash devastation with heavy weapons like rocket launchers and thermal detonators as Commander Cody, Captain Rex and all of your favorite clone troopers
- Compete against a friend with in-level challenges for rewards and points to be spent to upgrade your character and unlock bonus items
- Experience an expanded season one story that features intuitive touch-screen gameplay on the Nintendo DS where movement, attacks and other actions are all controlled using the stylus
The Star Wars® Saga continues with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, the highly anticipated sequel to the fastest-selling Star Wars game ever created, which has sold more than seven million copies worldwide. In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, the world was introduced to Darth Vader’s now fugitive apprentice, Starkiller—the unlikely hero who would ignite the flames of rebellion in a galaxy so desperately in need of a champion.
In the sequel, Starkiller returns with over-the-top Force powers and embarks on a journey to discover his own identity and to reunite with his one true love, Juno Eclipse. In Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, Starkiller is once again the pawn of Darth Vader—but instead of training his protégé as a ruthless assassin, the dark lord is attempting to clone his former apprentice in an attempt to create the Ultimate Sith warrior. The chase is on – Starkiller is in pursuit of Juno and Darth Vader is hunting for Starkiller.
With all-new devastating Force powers and the ability to dual-wield lightsabers, Starkiller cuts a swath through deadly new enemies across exciting worlds from the Star Wars films - all in his desperate search for answers to his past.
Continue the galaxy-altering journey of Starkiller, Darth Vader's fugitive apprentice, that shapes the key events between Star Wars: Episode III and Episode IV.
Unleash the Force with more power and precision through improved controls and new powers, such as the deceptive Mind Trick, which turns enemies against their allies.
Discover the true power of Starkiller with Force Fury, where his attacks and Force powers are exponentially increased.
Improved targeting system enhances precision use of Force powers and greater interaction with puzzles and the environment.
Take combat to the next level with the ability to wield dual lightsabers and punish enemies with all-new combo attacks.
Experience the most life-like interactions with Pixelux Entertainment's Digital Molecular Matter (DMM) coupled with euphoria from Natural Motion Ltd and the powerful Havok Physics system.
Expanded customization options such as new costumes and power-enhancing lightsaber crystals.
Fight through all-new challenge levels designed to test and hone your fighting and Force power skills.
Skillfully manage your combat techniques to defeat a variety of brand-new enemies, which will culminate in epic boss battles.
Immerse yourself once again in the story that was honored with awards from the Writer's Guild of America and the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.
Challenge your friends to a 4-player Force showdown on Wii in chaotic fighting game-style combat.